Protective measures for your safety
We will provide you here with regular information on the protective measures we are taking at SMG events due to the current coronavirus situation.
It has been both a matter of concern and a pleasure for us to be able to support you with specially initiated online round tables in virtual space over the past months. Now that the enforced break in physical meetings has ended, we are very pleased to be able to offer our members the opportunity to meet and be inspired in person again.
The top priority is to protect the health and safety of all participants, speakers and employees. We have therefore developed protective measures for SMG events, adhering strictly to the recommendations and rules of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH). Our protection concept, including comprehensive hygiene measures, will continue to help stem the number of COVID-19 infections.
The following guidelines must be observed when participating in an event and are for the protection of everyone involved:
- We rely on our participants' personal sense of responsibility when attending an event.
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival. You will find sanitiser dispensers at the Welcome Desk at the entrance.
- We request that you adhere to the distancing rules when entering and leaving, and that you follow the signage.
- Please comply with the general rules of conduct and hygiene with which we have all been familiar for months: above all the etiquette of sneezing and coughing and regular hand hygiene.
- Do not shake hands.
- If you have symptoms, stay at home.
- People who show COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with infected persons are excluded from events.
- After contracting the disease, people may only attend events again a minimum of 14 days from the date of their recovery.
- Because distance offers protection, the number of participants is adapted to the space available. However, please note that the distance rule perhaps cannot be observed despite a reduced number of participants.
- Guests must wear face masks during the speeches and tours as well as when entering and leaving. Masks will be made available at the entrance. We also recommend the use of the Swiss COVID app.
- Our employees work with masks for your and their own protection.
- Our catering partners work to the highest standards of hygiene and adhere to the GastroSuisse rules relating to event catering that comply with the legal requirements.
- The cloakroom will be closed. You may take your personal effects into the room with you.
- Surfaces and toilets will be cleaned regularly.
- We use contract tracing and will collect participants' contact details in advance when they register for the event.
- Note on data protection: in the event of any suspicion, the possibility of tracking a chain of infection must be ensured at all times. Your personal data will be provided upon demand only to the responsible office of public health in order to track chains of coronavirus infections (Art. 6 para. 1c GDPR).
- Adapted or additional protection concepts apply at every event venue. These are published in the details of the event.
Our employees will be available at the venue if you have any questions.
We look forward to seeing you and thank you for supporting us in the implementation of the recommendations and rules. The measures described here may change at any time if the FOPH issues new recommendations. We will inform you regularly of updates here.